- Bean and I went to my brothers wedding a few weeks ago. Some of you may recall he was in a terrible accident last year (just weeks before his originally scheduled wedding day) and almost lost his legs. At the wedding, which was beautiful, he danced with the Bean. I must have kissed my brother and my new sister-in-law about 2,000 times each. It ranks as one of the happiest days of my life.
- After the wedding we had a few days with my mom before Husband joined us to attend his family reunion. Every single member of Husband's family there for some time out in the wilderness. Bean spent every waking second either splashing in the water, chasing her cousins or looking for bugs and frogs. It was a really great time.
- Bean is really into bugs right now. Ants, snails, moths, spiders, she loves them all. I am doing a pretty good job of repressing my "ick" response and encouraging her interest. No need to pass on my irrational fear of spiders.
- Bean's most popular phrase right now is "Mama, look at me!"
- I've gotten some really beautiful looking data in the past few weeks. And while the analysis is kind of a slog, I'm really excited. Before starting this experiment, I would have given it about a 20% chance of success, and it totally worked. It almost makes up for all the times when stupid easy experiments don't work.
- I gave lab meeting yesterday and everyone Ooh'd and Aah'd over my lovely new data. It's nice to put one in the "Win" column now and again.
- This pregnancy is shaping up to be very different from my first pregnancy. I got much sicker in the beginning, I'm much more tired, and my belly has already popped. Not in the cute "ooh a pregnant tummy" way, more in the "wow, she really let herself go" way.
- ...but, I've started feeling the baby kick already. That'll put a smile on a girls face.
- This weekend, Bean is transitioning to underwear, and next week she's wearing them to school. She's been pottying 6-10 times a day, and I haven't changed a poopy diaper in about a month. Um, awesome.
- Is anyone else loving the summer produce? I can't remember the last time I had such consistently good summer produce. The berries, cherries, tomatoes and corn have been amazing.
1 day ago