Friday, March 14, 2008

Sick

One of the hardest things so far about being a mom is being a sick mom. I'm not much of a baby in general. When I get sick, I usually keep on truckin', going to work (to the chagrin of my co-workers) and not really doing much to take care of myself. But when I get really sick, it's nice to be able to get a little extra rest.

I have been pretty darn sick this week with a terrible, terrible sore throat, cough, etc. And the workload, both at home and at work just isn't letting up. There's no opportunity to just sit down and rest. To sleep in one morning, or to take it easy after work. And I can't afford to take days off because in theory I'm going on a trip next week.

So I'm feeling a little sorry for myself. I haven't been running this week because taking deep breaths makes me cough. And I'm feeling rotten and tired and run down.

I'd make Husband take care of me, but he's sick too.

So poor tortured me.

5 comments:

EcoGeoFemme said...

bummer. I hope you feel better soon!

ScienceGirl said...

I hope you and your husband feel better soon!

Amanda said...

I hope that you all feel better soon!

Queen Zucchini said...

I was wondering where you've been this week (online) and I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick :( I hope you can get a little bit of rest this weekend and get better soon!!

The bean-mom said...

Hope you're feeling better by the time you read this. It seems like *everyone* is sick these days! And yeah, it sucks when you can't even take the time to baby yourself because you have a real baby to care for!