So in one day, I was tagged by both Arduous and Ecogeofemme. Since the Meme that Arduous passed along is easier (and since I am lazy), I'm going to start with hers...
Seven Random Facts about ScienceMama
1. I was going to study English in college. Just before I started, my dad convinced me to just try a few science classes as he felt that studying English was a "waste of my intellect." I fell in love with my first Biology class and never looked back. I didn't take a single English class in college.
2. While most of my friends and family would describe me as outgoing, I would describe myself as very very shy. I do not understand the root of this disconnect.
3. When I was little, my younger brother and I would sometimes spend Saturdays at work with my mom (a children's librarian). We would spend the day reading books, playing hide-and-go-seek among the stacks, and playing "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" on the computer.
4. I always drink my coffee iced. I pretty much never drink hot coffee. In fact, the only hot drinks I ever drink are the occasional cup of tea or chai. Even when it's 42 degrees out (like now).
5. I am one of those annoying people who LOVES Christmas. I love seeing all the Christmas decorations up at the mall, I love the lights on people's houses, I love drinking hot chocolate and listening to Christmas carols. And I really love decorating gingerbread cookies. The month before Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year.
6. When I was 7, I broke my right shoulder falling off a slide. After that, I could always remember the difference between left and right. Even now, I remember which side is right by my (formerly) broken shoulder.
7. The only reading I do for pleasure these days is the 15 minutes I have to myself on the shuttle between my work and Husbands work before we carpool home each night.
Okay, now I'm going to tag:
ScienceWoman, Bean-Mom, Ecogeofemme, Jane, mrswhatsit, Kate, and Ardel.
1- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Tablet Blogging*: a lesson in humility
2 days ago