Thursday, July 3, 2008

Another year another birthday

Tomorrow I'll be 29.

In the months leading up to this birthday I didn't really think that 29 was such a big deal. And I mean it's not. But it is. This is the last year of my 20s. I will be 30 on my next birthday. Which also isn't a big deal. But it is. 30 sounds like grown-up-ville.

Pre-Bean, I might have taken the opportunity to make some sort of last-year-of-my-20s resolution. Taken some sort of amazing trip, or blown all my money on a new fabulous wardrobe, or gone out dancing with my girlfriends wearing too much makeup and too little clothing. But I'm a mom. So it's kind of impossible, impractical and tacky (respectively).

Instead, I'll be living it up with my little family. Here's what I'm hoping for in terms of my birthday. I'm hoping Bean sleeps in till 6:30 a.m. I'm hoping to relax and nurse her in bed, followed by family cuddle time (until she gets impatient for breakfast). I'd like to take a long walk with Husband, Bean and Pup. I'd like a picnic in the park followed by some shenanigans involving the Bean and a playground. I'm hoping for a family dinner at a local restaurant wherein the Bean eats her food instead of wearing it or throwing it at others. I'd love to end the day with fireworks, but realistically that's just not happening. The sun sets about 3 hours after Bean's bedtime, so there's just no way we're going to get to see them. I'll settle for an evening on the couch watching a movie with Husband.

Not exactly the kind of birthday celebration I was having a couple of years ago, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope the rest of you have a fantastic 4th of July. Have a beer for me!

11 comments:

BerryBird said...

Happy Birthday!

Jane said...

Happy birthday!! Hope your ideal day comes true.

Nicole said...

Hey, that sounds a lot like MY 29th birthday last year! Hope your day is great. Happy Birthday.

Candid Engineer said...

Happy birthday to you. Have a lovely day at the park and with your family. Sometimes the comforts of home and the ones you love are the best treats of all. :o)

hgg said...

Happy birthday, seem like we're on the same day you 'n' I

Unknown said...

Hope you have a great birthday!!!

EcoGeoFemme said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a terrific day, just how you want it to be!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's a wonderful day for you and your family!

Kate said...

Happy birthday!!!

ScienceGirl said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated!) birthday! Ah- one more year till 30... that's nothing! Wait until you get to 40... then the real fun starts...